About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Friday 14 March 2008

"Kidatalk VOIP launch"


Kidatalk is a new VOIP service provided by Kidanet which is one of the first few companies to set up in Fiji.I was invited as a VIP guest although I am not an existing corporate customer. The lovely lady in the sales department invited me along to enjoy this major event (which to me was all about marketing :P) They set up telephones using a PABX system that they had a broadband connection routed to, and they offered FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS!! WOW!! I heard that the calls were free and also the drinks....so I slowly made my way to the phones that were set up ;) The two attendants jokingly said that I would be charged for the call...lol! yeah right, I won't pay....make me! :P I made a call to Norway to speak to one of the lovely twins I like to dream about:) We spoke for almost an hour and then we ran out of things to talk about and she said she had to go somewhere :( I then tried Australia.....I ended it coz I didn't have much privacy and it was too noisy.Most of the business people didn't make any calls, they were more interested in the FREE DRINKS! lol.....well...their loss! :)
I enjoyed the best of both worlds, free calls and free drinks :)...but I promised a friend I would stop at this glass......but I drank just one more...sorry sweety :P yes, you're in this pic too...on the phone :D

Today I had a busy day.....and I received a message from the most unlikely person. I got some messages from my new friends :) I will see them again tonight. I went to lunch with an old school friend, he is planning to migrate to Australia...he says the people in Fiji are getting dumber :P maybe....but I still believe that there is so much talent in Fiji and the people are very intelligent, however they could do much to broaden their horizons :)

1 comment: