About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Monday 3 March 2008

"Homeward bound!"

I was busy working today. Things were quite hectic and I never really liked the Monday madness.I went to buy undies today and YES...I will also review them when I come back...lol.I don't have a list of things to buy so as I'm writing this I remember that I was supposed to buy some snorkels and a diving mask...oh darn! I must be getting old or ignorant...or is it the same thing?? I also met an old flame...that apparently,was still burning :P I scored myself a new phone number(Yessssss!;) and I blabbed about my trip :P Can you tell I am excited?? We almost gave each other our whole life story but I had to run and so I dismissed everything and promised to catch up when I get back :) She said she isn't into all that crap -referring to online stuff and blogs :( ...but admitted to having a bebo account! AHA!!! LoL!

I'm totally excited about traveling 778.1Km** to my beautiful island home :) I think that it will be a photographic delight! :) I last traveled to Rotuma in 2005 and I stayed for a month. I remember just seeing the island from the boat,it just made you feel like you were in paradise :) Such beauty in nature seems to inspire a deeper appreciation for life! :)

I am hoping that all goes well and that the weather doesn't make me puke along the way.I have never had serious sea sickness or motion sickness but I may puke if I see other people regurgitating their breakfast,lunches or dinners...it's so eeeeeeewww! Anyway, if you've ever been on an inter-island vessel,you'll know that it is an experience that scars you for life! You will never forget the smell of diesel or petrol or nuclear fuel cells (for my readers in the future :P) I would say that you either hate it or live with it(only grease monkeys Love it ;) You never forget the deep sounds of the engine either......when you're sleeping(you're lucky if you can) it is all you hear...a low repetitive thud (*note thuds may vary between ships and engine models) I want to run away from all my work related responsibilities and it is soooo very easy to forget all about the fact that you have a life back here!
The lines show the route that will be taken by the MV Iloilovatu (literally meaning:mirror-stone,correct my Fijian if I'm wrong) I leave at 4pm but I have to get my stuff in by 2pm. The excitement cannot be contained..........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! lol..


**Measured using Google earth ruler.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vinaka island boy..haha

    ReplyDelete