About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Thursday 27 September 2007

"an act of compassion and kindness" :)

Yesterday it was pouring....we had the worst rain in a while,it had been an unusually dry,wet season this year.I was crossing the street in the middle of the city with my umbrella when I noticed that there were these three girls staring at me....smiling and giggling away.Was there something on my shirt,on my face? lol...no, they wanted my umbrella....haha...although I didn't immediately pick that up :P I was busy coz I had M's computer to work on but I just stopped and looked at these three girls shivering in the rain...I felt so mushy inside...I smiled and asked if they would like to cross the street under my umbrella...they were delighted and so I took 2 of them first and made my way back across the street and left them under the shelter of one of the buildings then slowly made my way back....to pick up the other girl who felt a litte left out :( hehe....as I was crossing back I realized that there were other people who were waiting out the rain too on the otherside...watching me,as I took the time out to help these three girls out cross the street :) I was only too happy and they were too! They kept thanking me......I just smiled at them with a BIG "you're welcome" smile :D This is one of those picture perfect moments in my life!! I have many moments that touch my life and build my life....they are don't happen very often.I will always treasure this one:)

1 comment: