About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Friday 24 August 2007

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Can women sniff out a single guy? hmmm...I wouldn't know but I have certainly had my fair share of interests lately and it doesn't help the little experiment I am conducting on myself. I totally agree with the above words....grrrrrrrrrr......I am calm :P I will try and stay focussed on my goals and keep things rolling :)

I had a friend and his girl come by to my place and ask me out to go with them out clubbing...I had this urge to go.....I politely declined but I ended up having a good conversation with him and his girlfriend....I thanked him for coming all the way to my door...I KNOW how hard that is sometimes...even if it's your friends door :P he asked me for my cell number and he said if I change my mind I should call him...I don't think I really miss the clubbing scene although I know it's full of younger people now..maybe my clubbing days have passed and I am too old :P either way I am happy I don't waste money buying drinks for beautiful ladies and making out with strange women....I really think I have made PROGRESS :)

my feelings on this one cannot be very clearly expressed....because it's all mixed up...hopefully this does not impact me negatively, but I know this will allow me to evaluate myself more and see if I need to improve in any way regarding...flirting(with those I have no real interest in)..it's a common thing on the internet, because you can do it anonymously....I've seen it in full exhibit on social networking sites....I am not going to name any site in particular but MAILFRIENDS is a word that I just want to post....lol...people are just shamelessly flirting all over...are we breeding a new generation of internet heartbreakers? I don't know but I fear the worst...they say if you can't beat them join them....I can say this with so much authority because I have been on those sites and I have had a problem with it and I hope to overcome this....I have gone socialnet "cold turkey" :P but I only joined a dating site(because I am now single again :).....and I realize how widespread this "trend" is...especially with single people...I certainly am interested in this trend...so I will study it further :) LOL I feel like I should write a paper on this....more in my next issue :)

It has been a hard 60 days 1 hour 16 minutes and 50 seconds for me but I am happy for containing myself...and all this erratic and unpredictable emotion for all this time..indeed I am so close to making it to a two month anniversary :) hehe..if you're wondering what I am referring to....er....keep wondering ;) I feel good about myself but I know it only just gets worse unless I learn to deal...tomorrow is my official two months and it is amazing how much the above quote becomes true as the hours pass. I was happy that Kathy helped me this morning by being inattentive :) but I wonder how long I can keep this up....I thought I would fail after a month but looks like I can keep going...despite all the thoughts in my head...I am still going strong! We can do anything...if we just put our minds to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment