About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Lombok Eastern styled furniture....

What is Lombok? well,you would probably be wondering what on earth is Lombok or more accurately, where on earth is Lombok??I was recently commissioned to review this website along with some of the finest furniture I have seen....with a price tag to match the very crafty authentic look. I googled Lombok quickly to find that it is an island located in Indonesia and is much like my island, with a small economy, and much of the inhabitants live off the sea and the land....Lombok has a rich history that has seen early Dutch settlers on it's shores as early as 1674, this seems to have inspired furniture makers in Europe to reflect the unique and history cultural elements in the magnificent furniture that is displayed on the site. I am not really into furniture and so I thought...hmmm...okay, this looks interesting but having had a look at their range of four poster beds. This is definitely something for tropical living like in Fiji, I especially like the Keraton four poster bed...very sexy and sleek....I discovered that the beds have been made out of Teak wood, which is one of the strongest and most weather resistant timbers in the world! This is just the type of product for resorts and hotels in Fiji. This is definitely a bed that would set the mood...or set you and your partner on fire ;) ...not literally though, any spontaneous combustion that results from the use of this bed is purely co-incidental :P There are also sideboards that really have a very traditional style to them....very classy and has an aged look to them.The website has a  checkout system that allows you to purchase all these great pieces of furniture online and a huge zoom window that gives you a closer look at the contents displayed on the left hand side of the screen. There are also really great wardrobes that shows off the wood grain, Teak is a very dark wood and has a distinct color that gives the appearance of something old and classy. I would say that these products all look great and can really add a touch of class to any home. I think they do have a touch of Lombok in the carving and design while still managing retain a modern,yet authentic element.

While I wasn't lucky enough to actually try out the furniture, I would definitely recommend them to those in the tourism industry, to all my Fiji readers who know someone in the tourism industry, this is a product well worth looking at :)

Hopefully I will get to review more great sites and great products......until then, its back to my usual!
My spanish word for today is : la cama

No comments:

Post a Comment