About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Saturday 13 December 2008

"As we go on....we remember all the times we....had together..."

2000 post views yay :D!
thanks for reading everyone :)

I'm graduating in 2 days, all this excitement I've had has been building up to this moment.....I'm just amazed at how fast it all went by......I'm in a new country,the excitement of breaking into the IT industry here is really something I'm looking forward to. I have had many business ideas floating around in my head......just like many like minded New Zealanders out there. I have been sick the last 2 days, I hope it goes right through me, just in time for my big day on Monday. I'm trying to literally wash it out by drinking huge bottles of NZnatural spring water...lol I am happy with my progress so far...however,tiny and insignificant, it is progress nonetheless :) 

I spoke to S last Sunday and her prediction was right,I am writing about it..lol....she was super,really cool,really delicious and fun :) I missed her so much, she has changed alot and so have I....I am very happy with the positive changes I have made in my life, there are however, obvious negative changes that I need to work on...like my procrastination...I like to call it "procrastinational creativity" thanks for that one T :) uhm...yeah I'll sort that one out later :P

I had been working on the magento project and still no word from the people who were supposed to offer me an internship...I believe this is due the the recession. The New Zealand dollar fell below the Fiji dollar, really weird since 1 NZD usually buys around 0.88 FJD but today, you would get .98 FJD.....Amazing! The Fiji economy is on a recovery so any recession would not be as significant as it would be against a stronger dollar....as in the case of the NZ dollar (I am no economist, this is just my usually stab in the dark guess :P) Employers, are not hiring here in New Zealand and people are even being laid off...it is a huge crisis here and this is somewhat worrying for a graduate like me.....I am not so worried though,it is after all not my home country but...I feel for many who do live here..I always have my home and hopefully my business contacts...if I do go back. Everyone is telling me to go back home...but I don't feel that I am done here.....I certainly want to stay on for at least another 2 years. I want to go back to Fiji for my wedding though, if I still have a willing candidate :P I mean...bride...for now, I'm in a hazy point in my life where there is quite a lot of uncertainty floating around.....I will figure it out, I know that for sure..it is only a matter of time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment