About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Friday 19 September 2008

LAC Meeting 2008 - Computing

I had been appointed to the Local Advisory Comittee for my schools Computer Science Faculty, I was very nervous because I had no idea what I was supposed to do....now I know, its not much, you just eat free food and drink free wine and talk to CEO's who have been invited. Second motions to change the programs offered in the school...not much! I was amazed at how well I spoke and I was more than honored to represent all the Computer Science students in my school :)

I met the CEO of vadacom a company that is looking to promote open source technologies....I found this guys opinions very helpful and insightful. I also got the chance to meet our IT Manager and he was talking about an offer for internships. I am certainly interested in making my mark in the IT industry...I believe that I have a long way to go here in New Zealand. I also had a chance to talk to our receptionist-my sunshine in the morning :) She is the first face I see when I come in every morning.....always floating her contagious smile.....she was such a sweetheart, packed the leftover food for me to take home....or maybe she thought I was a charity case..lol either way I was more than happy to accept anything she had to offer. Everyone said the meeting was very productive. I am looking forward to graduating and hitting the industry with all my skills. I also went back to this bar close by to check whether that offer was still available. I need to work so I can keep paying my rent, I've been pretty broke lately...no joke :P The bar manager said I can come and see her again on Tuesday during the day....she wants to talk to me, its probably like an interview. I didn't really wanna work at a bar but...at this point I am pretty desperate for cash, I do almost anything...well,almost haha!

My spanish word for today is: Dulce      haha....thanks Carmen ;) "eres un amor,dulce" I still don't know if it is true!

1 comment: