About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Sunday 31 August 2008

"If the mountain won't come to Muhammad, Muhammad must go to the mountain ."-A trip to Mount Eden,Auckland,New Zealand.

On Friday one of my classmates offered to accompany me to the city on my quest to find a new tie :) We had so much fun wandering up and down Queen Street...we had to do a great deal of walking since apparently, most clothing stores don't sell ties.....this was surprising as one would expect to see ties in a clothing store since...it is part of clothing!

I was given a run for my money, literally :P although I didn't expect it to be this much of a challenge to find a tie...lol. My friend was so accommodating, she walked with me all the way :) thanks you "Jane" *(name changed) I hate this anonymous thing it doesn't do much for credibility but works for privacy, so just to be clear these are REAL stories with REAL people only the names a fake :P boy that sure works.lol.

The first store I walked into was Tarocash I get hungry and feel lucky whenever I recall my shopping experience there...I only walked in because of the beautiful lady at the door...she was just a delight to look at and so I walked in (darn marketing tricks...gets me all the time ;) I left my friend Jane outside for fear of her being mistaken as my girlfriend (poor girl :P) I walked in pretending that I wanted to buy something from the store (this wasn't really hard, I just thought about buying the beautiful article talking to me :P) They had ties at this store but all stripes not other designs and paterns...so I just made up ques
tions and small talk,tried to be funny (it didn't work...damn :P) but she was so lovely as to refer me to the Tie Rack, so on we went!

We met a wonderful woman named *Brianna who was just amazing coz she was so smiley, I met her for the second time and even though she knew I wasn't much of a "greenie" from our last encounter,she still stopped to chat to me and I got to know how she was :P I don't like it when people reply to a "hey,how are you?" with a
"I'm good thanks" oh and even worse "and you??" I mean I asked you the question silly! don't try and dodge it then ask throw it back at me :P well,I did ask her but I got to know more about her,she is American and she loves the planet to death (okay bad choice of words there :P) she is a total MEAN GREEN..PEACE machine so if you ever see her, stop and say hi!-although you probably shouldn't call her Brianna,use the name clearly printed on her tag! Jane absolutely loved her, so she was willing to sign up for the charity. Greenpeace is very actively involved in helping to TRY to counteract the devastating effects of humanity on the environment. They try to pressure goverments here and abroad to make regulations or changes to help protect and preserve the planet (kinda like captain planet except without all the cool powers :P) I don't believe that human efforts to resolve such a global issue would do much good since you cannot change the people who rule this world. So I explained to her that I didn't want to sign up because I don't believe that they would actually make a difference....laws don't stop people from being lawless! To change someone requires a change of heart not of laws or regulations. I still admire her for her passion for the planet :) we almost got into another heated argument but this time I remembered that I have a tie to buy :P So we took a quick pic and on with my quest I went :)

Jane was criticizing me at this point for wanting to go into Tarocash only because of the salesgirl....it was the typical guy thing to do and these days I have become just a typical guy, NO MORE MR.NICE GUY :P lol, I am still nice just not too nice, We finally found Tie Rack after walking through 2 traffic lights and many blondes, It was definitely a blonde day on Friday!

When we got to Tie Rack I was totally disappointed, not only were the ties dull and lifeless in color and design but they were double the price! I decided to head back to where the beautiful salesgirls was! Lesson Learned: Always go with the hottie! lol, I mean always look for a bargain.I went back complaining to Jane who thought the whole thing was funny...lol it was,all this, for a tie :P

We got to Tarocash, this time I took Jane in with me so salesgirl could eat her heart out :P We looked at the ties and Jane helped me pick out a tie...then salegirls offered to sell me a belt,so I asked her what they had, she showed me a few boring ones then I spyed with my little eye one with black on one side and white on the other.....but it cost $59.95 (just tell me its $60 already :P) then I started going on asking "so what makes this belt so expensive?" in other words why should I spend half a hundred bucks on something that holds my pants up? Apart from the very reason that it does keep my pants from falling down, she skillfully explained that it was made of genuine leather and that it had a reversible buckle that you can flip to wear as a black or white belt depending on the occassion and dress...hmm...impressive :) she could have had it SOLD that very moment but I'm a bit of a tuff guy when it comes to making purchases....so I say "yeah but 60 bucks, is a bit much for a belt..don't you think?" she totally caved!

So I walked out of tarocash with a $59.95 dollar belt for $20 and a tie for $19.95 ka ching! I've never felt so great just shopping! Is this how a woman feels after shopping?? Is this why women so love to shop?? TELL ME!! lol.....I enjoyed the challenge of finding a tie that binds :P

My spanish word for today was suggested by Ms.Anonymous ;) as the word for my last post is: cerveza ( es demasiado cercano peligrosamente a la palabra en inglés "cervix" )



I think she is doing a great job,keep it up girl! :) cut out the ugly guy next to you..lol

This place should be renamed,Tie Crap..haha coz they have really boring overpriced ties!

On top of Mount Eden, overlooking Auckland City....the view from up here was breathtaking! I just wished I had someone special to share it with :( boohoo :P

The pet shop next to my lodge has the cutest animals ever! I want to name this dog...hehe,isn't he a cutie? :)

1 comment: