About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Thursday 28 August 2008

"I don't bite I just lick hard"

I've had a pretty hectic week this week and I have to submit a testimonial for my school tomorrow. I've been babysitting since last week...its not the easiest thing in the world but it is rewarding and can be fun.I woke up one morning with a warm wet feeling on my chest..lol,it took me a while to realize that my nephew had peed all over me in my sleep...I had taught him how to say "bubblegum" this is a very handy word :) I'd say if not now than perhaps when he grows older....its his first 3 syllable word.

I plan to write so many things but I only end up writing about a third of what I think to write,I really am blending in over here,one of my friends that lives upstairs in my lodge asked me out to a drink last night...so I gladly accepted because she was buying :P yes, how very gentleman-like of me,hehe.....we went to the first bar and I didn't really like it coz it felt like I had just walked into an old TV show....they were hardly any Islanders there (somehow New Zealanders like to call themselves Islanders-and i guess,technically they are) not a Fijian to be sighted except for my friend and I of cos.....we stood out like raisins on a bun! We soon left after two drinks, she took me to another bar and there were 6 Fijians including the guy at the bar and the owner,who later said that I was free to try out if I was interested in working for her on Wednesday nights.She said I have the personality for it :P I don't think that being silly actually counts as personality...haha but I was confident and friendly.The bartender made small talk then I started to get interested in his job....the bar owner was so thrilled to have us there that she ordered a round on the house. I drank AMSTEL beer which is a dutch beer and was actually taken over by Heineken....interesting taste...but I still prefer Fiji Bitter.

So yeah,I worked hard changing stinky diapers then I found myself winding down with some dutch beer and really great company :) What a week! :)

I don't have a spanish word for today but if I did, it would be : Nada :P

No comments:

Post a Comment