About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Wednesday 30 January 2008

"Cyclone Gene hits Fiji"















"Destruction"
That was the headline in our local daily this morning. Being through a cyclone was quite an ordeal. It was a category 2 cyclone which ravaged through most of the main island moving at 15 Kilometers per hour,claiming 4 lives. A strong wind warning still remains over most parts of the main island. I took some snapshots...of Gene in action:)

"Candlelight Dinner"

I had a candlelight dinner but this was not by choice, the power was down in most parts of the country due to fallen power lines. I had used my laptop for a while but because the battery was low...it too died and as darkness fell....I had dinner by candlelight....not the romantic kind...the survival kind :P lol....it was fun and different. I realized how much I relied on ELECTRICITY and technology. My phone died on me as I was informing my friends of the developments. I am just glad power is back on and I am back to business. I had to close up for 2 days since there was a warning issued.
Keep safe people!


No comments:

Post a Comment