About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Thursday 12 June 2008

"never believe anything until it has been officially denied"

I am writing this on a train, I went shopping for a good mobile wireless solution last week and I was shocked by the pricing...so shocked that I wanted to go home just to use the internet! nah,not really,I'm just exaggerating.I ended up paying NZ$430,and $59 per month with a data usage limit of 1GB, peanuts compared to our unlimited plans back home.Well, actually it costs $429.99 but they don't have 1 cent coins over here. Another shocking fact!!:O

I am just starting to learn a few things about life here....this is a pattern I have noticed:
On trains:
1.you always try to sit on the next empty sit leaving one space.

2.Avoid sitting next to anyone ( some people take this to the extreme and stand up all the way!!).....

3.Never look anyone in the eye longer than 3 seconds.....when look at them in the eye more than 3 secs they will turn away (following the rule)

4.Always act cold by rubbing your hands blowing into them or putting them in your pocket even though you are from New Zealand and it is normal for you to experience these temperatures.

5.Don't talk to anyone unless they talk to you first ( I break this rule all the time...lol)

6.sleep if you are sleepy.....

7.check other people out but don't make it obvious,find friends whenever possible and be as loud as you can when discussing things like your social life...your recent visit to the doctor or how crappy and insensitive your boyfriend is!

I also noticed that the ladies here have class....they have style that surpasses anything I have seen back home.They will wear perfectly color matched outfits or plains.....with very cool hoodies and shoes....just because it is cool to be cold :P



New Zealand women are generally well formed, with natural curves, however, a great number of them are overweight and this seems to be common among young people. Another thing is smoking is seriously a major problem here. You can really see an American influence in this country. The trends, the lifestyles.......it makes me happy that most of the people I know back home are not buying into this world craze.

No comments:

Post a Comment