About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Thursday 4 March 2010

Finding my place....

I went to see a place yesterday in an area called "Hataitai" I'm still uncertain how to say that...I wasn't expecting anything with 5 stars since the advertised rent was cheap...I was right not to expect that. Upon arrival at Arcus way...where it was NOT a road but indeed was a "way" made up of gravel and some areas were paved but mostly looked like a place out in the countryside.I got there to see a blue and white old colonial designed home.Met "O" the contact person for the advertised room. She seemed friendly, showed me around..the room was not too large,had one window and was facing towards the East so I'd get the lovely sunlight that I need to keep me smiling all day :) The bathroom was old and looked like something out of the movie "Vacancy" I mean it was okay...just that it did not appeal to me in anyway. She showed me the backyard..this was the highlight of the place. A large green lawn with a park bench and big trees providing some cool shade...this was more appealing than the bathroom lol....If I could,I'd probably prefer to live in the yard :P

All in all,I liked the place.For a decent amount of money,I could live closer to work but I don't think it would be walkable, if ever I attempt it,it would probably take me a while to get to work...so I have had to weigh that out and they asked me to leave my name and number with them...so they can get back to me.I think the previous dude who lived there must have had some sort of falling out with the other two flatmates or something like that...this wasn't a problem for me...but I had to think whether it could be later on down the line.I get along with most people though,mostly the younger people because I can relate to alot of people who are growing up.My own experiences have taught me valuable lessons in life and if I can help someone learn a thing or two that may help them...I will gladly do so!:)

I've had much time to think things through and my current accommodation will hold up until I can find a decent place closer to work.I try not to stress too much about it because stress can be paralyzing to a certain extent.I live my days one day at a time and that is how I can keep smiling :)

2 comments:

  1. im sorry that everything wasnt to your taste!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm...not really but it was okay and you guys were LOVELY :) I just don't think it is close enough to work.Rent is reasonable...very cheap for that location and I wasn't expecting it to be a comfy pad.Please don't be offended.I write my honest opinions on here.I still need to consider other factors and it is still quite a distance from work.I am still interested just that I felt there were probably better offers from other people.I would still consider it..if you can give me a txt or something.I am a very reasonable and open person.

    Cheers,
    freelancer45

    ReplyDelete