About Me

My photo
I am a writer, chef and IT Consultant. I enjoy writing about my personal accomplishments and helping people learn new skills.

Tuesday 2 February 2010

I ♥ Wellington! :)

I made the discovery that virgin blue and pacific blue are one and the same! I'm such a coconut sometimes :P
I left Auckland last week,catching a flight further south to Wellington City...My flight was TERRIBLE! It was only my second flight and because it was a much smaller plane,I had issues with slight pressure changes descending….my ears were killing me...I was lightheaded and hanging on to the armrests on my seats for dear life! I had never experienced that before.....probably because I am not accustomed to flying….but I survived and landed was able to bear it for a few minutes out of the total 1 hour and 5 minute flight.
I flew with Virgin Blue, and did not realize until check-in that they are also known as Pacific Blue.It was the cheapest seat I could find because all the other ones were sold out.I would say Pacific Blue is a good “value” airline.On the flight, the hottie on the mic who claims her name was “Mandy”- I didn’t buy it...coz she called the other air hostesses,her friends, Sandy and Candy but I think that’s a system they have...coz the guy she called Randy,was actually named Raj..lol (I checked his name tag)…anyway Mandy was really funny on the intercom thingy, on take off she said something like: “Do not be alarmed, we are now switching off all lights to enable our flight to take off and also to enhance the appearance of our crew” crack up! Lol, made the flight more interesting…she also said something like “we offer a variety of entertainment options…..if you wish to be entertained,just look at one of our crew members” She made some other smart ass comments that were pretty funny and she had such a personality...I was truly entertained! :)
As the plane landed...the views of Wellington were unexpectedly absorbing,beautiful mountain ranges sharply descend onto a beautiful coastline in some areas...with the city on a gradual plane....facing outward into a well laid out,glistening blue harbor...I fell in love with her soon after ;)
I got in and my host, a cousin of mine,came to pick me up....got home full of excitement,I met her family and had a long chat....I’ve never met her and her family so it was a long catch up...then off I went to my interview.

I went into the building all dressed up.Met the Operations Manager and he introduced me to the Helpdesk Manager...sat down to fill a form (questionaire type thing) I hadn’t written in such a long time...my writing looked like it was written in an earthquake..hands were shaky, nervous, I guess.It was a scenario question....I think I nailed it. Second part was spelling, circle the correct ones..I think I did that :)
These guys were pretty relaxed…so I was able to talk to them about my goals (to work in the IT industry in New Zealand) shared a bit about my life and my work history. The interview ended well and so I have been asked in to see them again today.Hope that my second interview goes well..for now...adios :)

At the time of writing this draft....I left for my interview and I got back...good news, I got the job :) yay! I'm thankful to my family my friends :) I truly feel blessed!

My advice to everyone reading is...endure the worst times,coz when it gets really bad, the good times should be just around the corner :D

Here are some pics..Enjoy!Looks like I'm not the only one who ♥'s Wellington :PView of Wellington City from Tepapa Museum (I heard it is one of the world's largest museums)
A lovely place on the coast in Eastbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment